cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX50 SD Boot Issue

andrewstorus
Contributor I

Hello all,
I am having an issue writing and booting Ubuntu 10.04 to the iMX50. The issue is that the iMX50 will not boot from an SD card. The process I am following is:

1. Connect the iMX50 platform to a Windows 7 computer via mini B connection in bootloader mode
  2. Using mfgTool.exe to write the image to the card through the iMX50 platform USB HID mode (This process returns no errors)
  3. Turning off the board, changing dip switch positions to enable SD1 boot
  4. Turning on the board, connected through a Putty serial session
  5. If I let the board autoboot , the last command echo'd to Putty is "FEC: enable RMII gasket" and putty no longer accepts input
  6. If i abort autoboot, I run the following commands

RD3 U-Boot > setenv bootargs_mmc 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} console=tty0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw'

RD3 U-Boot > setenv bootcmd_mmc 'run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc;mmc read 0 ${loadaddr} 0x800 0x1800;bootm'

RD3 U-Boot > setenv bootcmd 'run bootcmd_mmc'

7.  Running bootm after this then returns

ERROR: can't get kernel image!

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew

one can follow guidelines in sect.7.2 Run the image from MMC/SD flash

attached User Guide from BSP package:

Board Support Packages (4)

Linux 2.6.35 Source Code Files and documentation 2011.04 (REV 2011.04)

http://www.freescale.com/products/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-processors-based-on-arm-cores/i.m...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos