cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMx6 Saber Lite device fails for 1Gbps througput fails

jayakumarnaraya
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a iMx6 Evaluation Kit  with which 1Gbps throughput is failing, complete details are as follows.

Evaluation Kit : iMx6 Quad - Boundary devices Saber Lite rev-2

OS                 : WinCE7

Tools used     : NetIo Network throughput Analyzer.

Configuration :

- Phy speed is set to 1Gbps

- Full duplex

- RGMII Interface

- NDIS 6.0

When I run the NetIO Throughput Analyzer app, could see 98 to 100% data loss at the Device receiving path. Logs shows that receive FIFO overrun is happening. As per i.MX6DQ Errata it was told that performance of 1 Gbps ENET is limited to 470 Mbps & If the TX and RX peak data rate is higher than 400 Mbps, there is a risk of ENET RX FIFO overrun and to prevent overrun of the ENET RX FIFO, enable pause frame.

Please let me know any fix or workaround has been identified for the issue specified.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jayakumar

ethernet issues for sabrelite board is discussed on

http://boundarydevices.com/i-mx6-ethernet/

You can port these advices to WinCE7 or apply to its vendor,

as FSL does not provide i.MX6 WinCE7.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jayakumarnaraya
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your response. I had tried same using Linux OS with the changes provided in the link. Still am getting the same issue.

From the analysis what we could see is, when Imx6 device is receiving data packets, Flow Control Pause Frames Transmitted Statistic Register (ENET_IEEE_T_FDXFC) is not incremented when overrun occurred, which means that Pause frames are not send from from Device MAC to sender to avoid Overrun.

We had checked the PHY configuration & Mac Configuration to check any Pause frames related settings are missing, but couldn’t find any Configuration any problem.

Please let me know any Phy Configuration or Mac Configurations needed to be set to instruct transmitting Path send Pause Frames when thresholds are reached.

Thanks,

Jayakumar

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jayakumar

Boundary devices Saber Lite Evaluation Kit is supported

by boundary devices directly, suggest to post it to

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

jayakumarnaraya
Contributor I

HI igor,

Again thanks for the reply. One more info I need, can you point me to the link location were I can download document related to Unified DMA ?

Thanks & regards,

Jayakumar

0 Kudos