cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update from mqx 4.1 to mqx 4.2

Jump to solution
emanueletrapani
Contributor III

Hi, i have a project in mqx 4.1, i worked on a cloned libraries of frmk64f so i modified some things. It works but i want to migrate to mqx 4.2. I know that some bugs are correct in mqx 4.2 and some function are improved. I installed it, but when i try to clone my bsp from mqx 4.1 i can't, even if i use the bsp cloning wizard tool of mqx 4.2 . I understood that between these version of mqx the generator is different, it change to ruby generator.

when i use the bsp cloning wizard from mqx 4.1 i can see in setting-preferences that there are a correct installation of mqx 4.2 but when i try to export source tree i can do it only for the version 4.1.

in the cloning wizard of mqx 4.2 the istallation of mqx 4.1 is in red and i see a message that tell me that it can't find the directori "generator_ruby".

i installed mqx 4.1 in C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1" and mqx 4.2 in C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2", i installed also the patch for mqx 4.2.0.1

My question is:

-there is a way i can follow to use the bsp with my changes in the new version of mqx? or do i have to merge it with new libraries manually?

thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Emanuele,

There some changes in the BSP's for MQX 4.2 version, so if you want to migrate to mqx 4.2, you need to clone again the libraries for MQX 4.2 version and change again the libraries according your needs.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Emanuele,

There some changes in the BSP's for MQX 4.2 version, so if you want to migrate to mqx 4.2, you need to clone again the libraries for MQX 4.2 version and change again the libraries according your needs.

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos