how can I tell by purely looking at project files (in windows explorer) what version of CodeWarrior it was last built in?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I tell by purely looking at project files (in windows explorer) what version of CodeWarrior it was last built in?

jacquesgroenewa
Contributor I

I want to install that version and seamlessly import the project. Newer versions give error messages on import of the project I am working with. I intend to do the workaround that I found in the forum later (ie. build a small project that compiles and then add your source manually).

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

No.

Unfortunately any files included in the project folder doesn't have this info.

Now depending of the architecture we can some extract information from the .elf or .abs file.

However it will provide some information but not all information "exact" tool information.

Tto know exactly the CodeWarrior version you're using.

To do that you must:

Under CodeWarrior IDE (classic)

Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale CodeWarrior.

Click on Installed Products

Provide us all info displayed.

Or you can save them in a txt file.

Under Eclipse IDE

1-        Start Eclipse and click on Help ¦ Freescale Licenses

The Status column gives the status of the license.

The Version Column gives the tool version used.

Under Product, select it and click on details.

A new dialog show up giving license details.

2-        Start Eclipse and click on Help ¦ About CodeWarrior Development Studio

Under Installed Products, you will see the version used.

3-        Some patches can be installed too.

Most of the time Release_Notes should be added in the \MCU (for CW for MCU) folder.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jacquesgroenewa
Contributor I

Thanks!

0 Kudos