Hello world example hangs on TWR-K60F120 Kit.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello world example hangs on TWR-K60F120 Kit.

kenmacklem
Contributor I

I just purchased a TWR-K60F120M kit.  The Kinetis SDK does not have examples for this particular micro.  I tried using the hello world example for twrk60d100m.  The program hangs in fsl_msg_hal_modes.c executing the line while (!CLOCK_HAL_IsPll0Locked(base)) {}.  I also tried using the example for the TWRK64f120m.  This seemed to continuously reset the processor.

Is there an example for the processor I have, or is there a way to fix the problem with the example I am using? 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ken,

Yes, the KSDK1.3 is the latest version now , and it have not support the board of TWR-K60120M.

I think you can also use the Processor Expert driver to development your project , and there are the component of

peripherals , it only need add them you need .

If you want use , when you create project , please select it :

pastedImage_0.png

For example , if you want use the print words through UART , you only need add the component of "ConsoleIO":

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great day,
Alice

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

unfortunately there is no support in KSDK 1.3. for TWR-K60F120M.

But you can take a look at examples under MQX 4.2,

located here C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\examples

or you can try migrate your MCU for KSDK. I include you guide.

You find closest device, i.g. K64F120M and create device specific files, set compiler, create configuration files for the board and modify projects.

Hope this helps.

Iva

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ken,

Please tell me which IDE do you use ? And what about the version of SDK ?  And what hello world demo do you  want , with SDK ? with PE ? with MQX ?

or others ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

kenmacklem
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Thanks for your quick response. I am using version 3.0.0 of the Kinetis Design Studio IDE. I am using version 1.3.0 of the KSDK. I downloaded both of these this week, so I assume they are the latest. I would like the demo for both the SDK and MQX, though the SDK is the most important.

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos