cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCB for iMX7 Android smart watch

bastiaandevries
Contributor I

Hi,

With whom is Freescale collaborating for the devopment of small PCB's for wearables? For a EPD-smart watch (E-paper) we seek the smallest possible pcb for the iMX7, preferably with bluetooth integrated. Thanks! Bastiaan

2 Replies

robertlouis
Contributor II

Hello,

There is a design recently launched by Freescale for this, its called WaRP iMX7. Please see in the following attachment : WaRP 7 - The Next Generation Wearable Reference... | element14 

Hope it helps...

Thanks.

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

From Freescale side, a SABRE board for the i.MX7 will be available, but it is not small enough for a smartwatch reference. Another option that seems to be more suitable could be the i.MX6SL reference design named WaRP, oriented to wearable devices, and includes EPD screen and BLE 4.0 support.

You could find the Fact Sheet on the following link:

https://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/fact_sheet/WARPFS.pdf

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos