cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface wifix not configured.

mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi All,

I have inserted my driver on the imx platfrom, and it creates on virutal interface named "wifiX", after creating it, I want to down/up the interface (ie..ifconfig wifiX down/ifconfig wifiX up), when I execute the above commands it is giving the error "interface wifiX not configured". Do I need to mention any thing in /etc/network/interfaces.

platform: imx6

Please suggest me how to proceed.

Thanks and Regards,

Mutyalarao.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi mutyalarao

typical wifi configuration steps are described on

http://silexamerica.com/campaign/how-to-add-wi-fi-to-freescale-i-mx-6/

Video Tutorial: How to add Wi-Fi connectivity for your i-MX6 Platform - Silex Unwired

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply.

I have gone through the video which was provided by you, But the video describes how to connect to wifi from the GUI.

But I am facing the issue from command line. for example if we take "eth0" as my network interface, if I execute the commands ifconfig eth0 down/up  result will down and up the interface according to the command given, Similarly in my case I am creating one virtual interface "wifi0" like "eth0", Now if I execute the command ifconfig wifi0 down/up it is giving the error "interface wifi0 not configured".

Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks and Regards,

Mutyalarao.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mutyalarao

this was just example, procedure may be different for different wifi modules,

suggest to apply to this module vendor for detailed procedure.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos