I'm using CW6.3 and want to write code for the 9S08PT60A.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using CW6.3 and want to write code for the 9S08PT60A.

stevechurch
Contributor I

This isn't in the device selector list. Is there any way I can get to code for this processor without moving to CW10.6? I don't need to use the Processor Expert or Device tools.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steve,

The PT60 was added via service pack (patch) on MCU V10.2 in Q2/2012.

The MCU V6.3 was released end of 2009.

The PT60 was supported (installed by default) since MCU V10.3.

Unfortunately the PT60 patch was not released for MCU v6.3 but only for MCU v10.2.

Without the dedicated patch it's not possible to use the MCU V6.3 for this device.

As MCU v6.3 is based on Classic IDE and MCU V10.6.x on Eclipse I think it's too complex to do something ...

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stevechurch
Contributor I

I do not want to use the Processor Expert or any device specific tools. I don't need any device specific initialisation done. What if I used the device.h file for this processor (so the address map of the registers is loaded) and do everything manually. Is there any way around the "select device" section of the project setup? Or is the processor type so ingrained with CW that it just isn't possible.

If I have to use CW 10.X (currently have 10.4 loaded) is there a guide to using it that will ease me up the steep learning curve?

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Steve,

The PT60 patch is not for Processor Expert only.

Most of the time the patch contains the device config file and not Processor Expert.

Is it possible to use a no supported processor ?

I don't think somebody worked on it.

The Environment is not the same IDE vs to Eclipse and the debugger on V6.3 was a standalone one (Hi-Wave) whereas

the MCU V10.x has an integrated debugger.

The 2 development tools are too different and we can not recommend this solution.

I don't know if it's really possible to do something.

Under the MCU v10.x installation there is a folder named: \CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\Help\PDF

In this folder you will find all documentation related to CW for MCU.

General information is provided in the Targeting_Microcontrollers.pdf manual.

A sample example is created by using the project wizard which is similar to older tool.

Open it by File + New + Bareboard Projects.

Give a project name and select device, interface, etc ...

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos