Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX50 EVK D4 LED

Jump to solution
andrewstorus
Contributor I

Hello all,

I have been experiencing problems loading and running Ubuntu 10.04 from my i.MX50 EVK. Whenever the board is powered on, the red D4 led continuously blinks at a rate of about 3 per minute, while no video is output from the HDMI. I am assuming the blinking of the D4 led means no OS found, but have been unable to find documentation specifically pertaining to this. If anyone knows the meaning of this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew

per Err36 MC34708 Errata document (used in EVK):

"Charger function no longer supported"

http://cache.freescale.com/files/analog/doc/errata/MC34708ER.pdf

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew

per Err36 MC34708 Errata document (used in EVK):

"Charger function no longer supported"

http://cache.freescale.com/files/analog/doc/errata/MC34708ER.pdf

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
andrewstorus
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply Igor

0 Kudos
andrewstorus
Contributor I

After digging around in the documentation I was able to find this -

"The CHRGLEDR will be activated when standalone charging is started and will remain under control of the state machine. When charging is complete, the CHRGLEDR is disabled and the CHRGLEDG is activated: LEDR: Charging LEDG: Charge finished" as per the SCH-26721-D data sheet

Now I am wondering if anyone else has experienced issues with the board not charging, or an expectation as to how long it should take. My board has been charging for quite some time now

0 Kudos