KSDK and CodeWarrior 10.6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK and CodeWarrior 10.6

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Since I've already paid for CodeWarrior 10.6 for the sake of maintaining my legacy HCS08 and Coldfire projects, I'm trying to avoid having to run KDS in parallel.  I'm new to Kinetis, though, and I'm not clear on whether the KSDK is supposed to work with CodeWarrior - it doesn't include project files that will work with it.  Before I make the effort to adapt the parts I need to CW, I need to know what that's going to mean for Processor Expert integration.  How does the KSDK HAL interact with PE, or does it?

My immediate goal is to port an existing Coldfire project that implements a USB mass storage device to a Kinetis K22F.  I've never used (or trusted) PE on HCS08 or Coldfire so that's one more new thing I have to deal with, but I'm trying to give it a fair shot.

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

KSDK doesn't support Codewarrior10.6.

KSDK Projects compiled and tested with Kinetis Design Studio IDE, IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM®, Keil™ MDK-ARM, Atollic® Trues STUDIO® and makefiles for GCC 4.8 toolchain only.

if you use K22 with USB feature. our recommendation is using KSDK. unfortunately, it doesn't support Codewarrior.

does this answer your question?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I answered my own question elsewhere already.  To summarize, I got where I needed to go using the Freescale USB Stack 4.1.1, which does include PE components.  It should have been an easy setup but I missed the fact that while I had the MPU set to 'disabled', the MPU configuration block was also 'disabled' so the MPU was in its default state and preventing the USB controller from accessing the BDT.  Once I fixed that it worked fine.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos