virtual comm in ksdk 1.3 depletes xd_entries

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virtual comm in ksdk 1.3 depletes xd_entries

michaelhuslig
Contributor IV

I saw the thread at Re: KSDK VCOM example does not work without loopback , but cannot get the patch to work for me.  Has someone found out yet why the xd_entries are not being cleared properly?  I am using a custom board with MK22FX512A uP, MQX, no PE.  The project was ported from a twrk40 with CW 10 and MQX 3.8 where it worked properly.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

michaelhuslig
Contributor IV

I have been able to get something going, but I don't know what other problems my mod is going to cause, so I am going to leave this question open.

Mike H.

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Michael,

xd_entries are not cleared when you enqueue different transaction that are not completed. For example, in Re: KSDK VCOM example does not work without loopback, customer was requesting to receive more data even though previous requests were not completed. In this case, all these request are enqueued and use a xd_entries, like they are not completed and still you are requesting for more transactions, xd_entrieds can't be cleared and program gets stuck.

In the KSDK example, a Receive request is enqueued, then, when data is received program sends this received data and after this data is sent, there is a new receive request and the cycle is completed.

Please take care not to make more request when previous is not completed.

I hope this can help you!

Best Regards,

Isaac

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos