Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLCD for FRDM-KL43Z, how to write with Processor Expert Functions

Jump to solution
christopherira
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using the FRDM-KL43z fsl_slcd component in the SDK 1.3.0 to interface the on-board LCD display. I am using processor expert to initialize it.

First question, is there a function (method) for writing to the display in the fsl_slcd component? I wasn't able to find one, so I've been using the fsl_gpio component for each pin and have been using the TogglePinOutput method (function) to write to the screen but it hasn't been very easy.

Second question, if this is the only way to write to the screen, am I able to set COM0, COM1, COM2 and COM3 to back plane phase this way;using the fsl_gpio functions?

Third question, how do I use COM to write to the board? I thought I needed to set all of the data pins (pins 5 through 12) and then toggle the specific COM pin that I want to use in order to write to the board, but this hasn't been working.

This is my component set up:

104411_104411.pngpastedImage_2.png

This is my code at the moment:

104290_104290.pngpastedImage_0.png

I've been restricted to using only the Toggle method, because I can't get any output when I use SetPinOuput or WritePinOutput.

I was initially using this image off the datasheet, in my efforts:

But I think that the a,b,c, etc. are backwards, though I'm not sure. I think this image is the actual set up:

Thanks for your help!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Demos,

- About the slcd application with KSDK1.3, there is a demo : ..\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmkl43zkl33z4\demo_apps\slcd_low_power_demo

this is without PE.

- And there is a demo about KSDK+PE : KL43Z support for sLCD and Touch sense using KDS3.0 +KSDK1.3.0 + Processor expert   ,you can check .

Hope it helps

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Demos,

- About the slcd application with KSDK1.3, there is a demo : ..\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmkl43zkl33z4\demo_apps\slcd_low_power_demo

this is without PE.

- And there is a demo about KSDK+PE : KL43Z support for sLCD and Touch sense using KDS3.0 +KSDK1.3.0 + Processor expert   ,you can check .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
christopherira
Contributor III

Thanks for the link! Don't know why I couldn't find that.

Quick question about the demo. In the main.c of the demo they initialize the lcd and backplanephases, but the processor expert says it auto initializes. Is this necessary?

0 Kudos