no .elf file when running demo program on twrk53dn512 using mqx 4.2 with kds 3.0.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no .elf file when running demo program on twrk53dn512 using mqx 4.2 with kds 3.0.0

jamescassese
Contributor I

I have only written blinking LED programs in KDE using Processor Expert on my twrk53dn512 board.  I want to test the twrpi-slcd.  So I downloaded mqx4.2 and wish to run a demo or example program.  I get  ".elf file not found" .  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello James,

Every application/example in MQX RTOS has one associated working set description file which includes the path to the example project file and the dependent MQX RTOS library project file. Simply import that file into KDS working space. For example with Hello World example of MQX RTOS for FRDM-K64F120M BSP import file

<mqx_install_dir>/mqx/examples/hello/build/kds/hello_frdmk64f/hello_frdmk64f.wsd

using File\Import\MQX\Import Working Sets menu. The MQX RTOS library projects and Hello World example project will be imported into KDS IDE working space together with build configurations settings.

pastedImage_0.png

First, build MQX RTOS libraries by left-clicking the project file in the Project Explorer tab view and click the hammer icon (in red) and then select the target to build.

pastedImage_1.png

After the user is finished building the MQX RTOS libraries (bsp and psp in this case), select the hello project and build different target with different memory configuration.

pastedImage_2.png

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos