Flash Demo Swap Feature

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Demo Swap Feature

tomtalkington
Contributor III

In the demonstration of the flash swap feature in the Demo Flash application, the implementation seems to be a hybrid of calls to PFlashSwapCtl and a call to PFlashSwap which utilizes the SwapCallback function.  The documentation states in section 10.5 "Note: Callback functions are not currently supported during flash erase or program operations". 

Can someone explain why this demo is not a single call to PFlashSwap with calls to erase a programming functions implemented in the callback function?  This seems to be the intention of the API author.  (see Standard Software Driver (SSD) for C90TFS/FTFx Manual).

Also, does the note mean that the PFlashSwap function does not support erase or program operations OR does it mean the the DEMO does not support erase and program operations in the call back?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tom Talkington:

Sorry for the delayed response.

If you mean the KSDK flash demo, I think the demo project calls the PFlashSwapCtl to be compatible with the rest of the application, since the demo uses some other features of the flash driver. But yes you should be able to simply call the PFlashSwap API and implement all the erasing and programming in the callbacks.

Regarding the note, I did not find it, can you point me to the exact document? Erasing and programming are fully supported in the PFlashSwap callbacks, in fact this is done in the Flash Demo.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos