cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Flex NVM read just after reset causes a bus error

Jump to solution
mauroansaloni
Contributor II

Hello everybody. I'm seeking for some suggestions about a weird problem on a MK10dx32

If I read some bytes from the Flash NVM arranged as EEPROM just after being out of reset, either at power up or after a voluntary reset (watch dog) I get a bus error.

This causes a new start of the program that resets again and again.

The phenomenon shows on many boards , not on all , so i think there must be something critical, but not completely wrong.

To stop this evil behavior and being able to read without troubles I placed  a delay of 100msec  before the first read of the NVM EEPROM  

Is it  a workaround or is something that has to be normally done?

A search through the documentation did not bring any light, so I'm asking if someone already experienced a similar thing.

Thanks for any hint or suggestion

Mauro

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mauro,

After the chip finished reset sequence, it need to check Flash Configuration Register (FTFL_FCNFG) [EEERDY] bit about if FlexRAM is ready for EEPROM read.

For devices with FlexNVM: This flag indicates if the EEPROM backup data has been copied to the FlexRAM and is therefore available for read access. During the reset sequence, the EEERDY flag will remain cleared while CCIF is clear and will only set if the FlexNVM block is partitioned for EEPROM.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mauro,

After the chip finished reset sequence, it need to check Flash Configuration Register (FTFL_FCNFG) [EEERDY] bit about if FlexRAM is ready for EEPROM read.

For devices with FlexNVM: This flag indicates if the EEPROM backup data has been copied to the FlexRAM and is therefore available for read access. During the reset sequence, the EEERDY flag will remain cleared while CCIF is clear and will only set if the FlexNVM block is partitioned for EEPROM.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
mauroansaloni
Contributor II

Thank you Hui_Ma !

I was checking the (FTFL_FCNFG) [EEERDY] bit after a write on the EEPROM, and not also when exiting from reset.

Thanks again for your help.

Mauro

0 Kudos