Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer MMA8652FC and MMA9553L interfacing by Arduino Uno

Jump to solution
mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

I am working with thais Freescale sensor kit, http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=FRDM-FXS-MULT2-B&fsrch=1,

Mainly its controlled by FRDM-K64F, but I want to use in Arduino.

Could you kindly, provide me code for interfacing with Arduino?

Should I need to use MMA8652FC and MMA9553L, individual module ?

Help me please.

Regards

Hasan

Tags (1)
1 Solution
mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

Dear Sir Mike,

Suggest me any one mcu from NXP.

If possible select one which has opensource facilities and Arduino porting action.

Regards

Hasan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

Dear Sir Mike,

I will be post there, but my browser activated in Korean language while open the link you mentioned.

0 Kudos
mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your post. Its nearly a year, I have not been active here.

I did connect Arduino Uno with free scale chip, facilated with  MMA8652FC and MMA9553L.

The argument arises, how I could make the exact accelerometer position, does it give accuracy on high noise reading ?

Anyway, that company did not spend money to develop further without just making stupid argument !

Doing something alone is tough always when people dont know things.

I am developing system in STM now, before I did TI, Renesas.

Do you have any development with stm32?

0 Kudos
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Computing position from inertial sensors is subject to a number of issues.  There is a section in the most recent sensor fusion user guide (nxp.com/sensorfusion) entitled "Inertial Navigation - Fact or Fiction" that I suggest you review.

With regard to the STM32?  The answer is no, we don't have actively support STM microcontrollers.  Honestly, one reason we make the sensor fusion library available for free is to give people an incentive to use NXP silicon, while still giving them the freedom to change platforms if they must.  You, or even STM, are welcome to port the code.  There is guidance on this topic in the user guide.

Regards,

Mike

mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

Dear Sir Mike,

Nice to have such good information.

Companies are trying to develop things in most easy and cost-less environment.

You can say its a race of ...does it works ? ...how long it will take ..?  ,,,noisy data ?....easy software ?...such questions.

Right at the moment I have a work on temperature sensor MAX31855.

Can you suggest any NXP environment to read it well?

Regards

Hasan

0 Kudos
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hasan,

I've no experience with the MAX31855.  From the timing diagram in their datasheet, I would guess any MCU with a 32-bit SPI should work.

Mike

mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

Dear Sir Mike,

Suggest me any one mcu from NXP.

If possible select one which has opensource facilities and Arduino porting action.

Regards

Hasan

0 Kudos
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hasan,

Could you repost this last question to https://community.nxp.com/community/kinetis?

I can respond to sensor questions, but don't have the portfolio knowledge to help you on MCUs.

Thanks,

MIke

0 Kudos
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hasan,

As noted elsewhere in the thread, I'm not aware of code written specifically for the Arduino (although there may be some out there, try Google).  Failing anything else, I would suggest you start with the drivers.h and drivers.c found in the Freescale Sensor Fusion Toolbox for Kinetis MCUs.  You will find three classes of functions:

1. I2C read/write functions - you will need to rewrite these for Arduino
  2. Sensor initialzation functions
  3. Sensor read data functions

(2) and (3) are simple and abstract enough that, with datasheets in hand, you should not have any trouble modifying them for any other platform.

mbed.com also has drivers for many of our sensors, but those are assuming the mbed ecosystem.  I think it will be easier for you to start with the sensor fusion drivers.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
FlavioStiffan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hasan,

I still am not clear about the choice of the MCU... what is the issue with using FRDM-KL43Z or KL46Z boards? they are $20 and they have also magnetometer, 3-axis accelerometer and touch sensing already on board. The Arduino board does not give you all this. You do not even need to add a board if you do not need more sensors or BT.

0 Kudos
mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

Dear Sir.

Let me clear you.

If you want to develop any circuit system, you need to look for how easily and with low cost you can use it.

Sometime it doesnt mean you need to have  all facilities in your MCU.

Depending on your demand you could develop code as easy as possible.

0 Kudos
mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

Perhaps it may use for low cost with Atmega328.

0 Kudos
FlavioStiffan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hasan,

I understand.... Could you tell us what are the reasons for that choice?

0 Kudos
FlavioStiffan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hasan,

Why would you want to use an Arduino 8bit rather than a 32bit Kinetis controller for which you have all the libraries ready? You can also use the FRDM-KL43Z or KL46Z if you feel more comfortable with Cortex M0+. We do not have code for Arduino as it does not run a Freescale MCU.

0 Kudos
mdmubdiulhasan
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

My boss want me to use any one of them by Arduino Uno.

0 Kudos