cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART3_RX_TX_IRQHandler missing first byte in isr

Anonymous
Deactivated User

Dear All,

I have problem in receiving bytes in ISR see below code.

void UART3_RX_TX_IRQHandler(void)

{

UART_DRV_IRQHandler(3);

if(inx>9)

{

inx=0;

}

UART_HAL_Getchar(UART3, &RxBuff[inx]);

inx++;

}

I am sending 8 bytes (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) but first  receiving  is wrong RxBuff[0] =0xFF instead of 1 remaining 7 bytes are good.

MY TX & RX pins are short.

My suspect is RX interrupt is not enabled.

Thanks in advance

Regards

rishi

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rishi Kumar:

There is no need to call the API UART_HAL_Getchar(). This is already done inside of UART_DRV_IRQHandler() and the Rx Buffer should be automatically filled with the received bytes, you only need to call the driver APIs UART_DRV_ReceiveData() or UART_DRV_ReceiveDataBlocking(). See the attached example I made for a FRDM-K64F. If you are using a different board just adjust the clock gate, uart instance and pins as required.

:smileyinfo: NOTE: This main.c assumes that the file fsl_uart_irq.c is already part of the project.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Anonymous
Deactivated User

Dear Mr. Jorge ,

Thanks for support. It is working fine but In my case i don't know the receiving packet length.

So that I can read complete packet without losing bytes or mixing with next packet.

How i can check the SCI Idle status Flag in K64F? I need example for this too.

Thanks & regards

Rishi

0 Kudos