baseboard USB ports not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

baseboard USB ports not working

brokencog
Contributor I

I am using the MCIMXABASECPUV1 base board with the CPUv1 iMX6Q Sabre-AI.

The SD card boots Android.

the USB port on the CPU module is being used for ADB, it seems to work fine.

When I plug a device (of any sort) into the USB1 port on the base board, I can use the device.  However if I plug any device into the other two USB ports, they aren' connected.

I've tried using the U-Boot 'usb start', usb tree, commands etc, and don't ever see any devices on USB2, 3 ports.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to enable these ports would be great.

-daniel

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

The USB port on the CPU board is connected to the OTG port of the i.MX. From the 3 USB connectors of the Base board, one of them (J37) is indicated as Camera in (no USB function).

The other 2 USB connectors are connected to USB Host ports of the i.MX. The USB1 (J30) is directly connected to the i.MX (Host port with internal PHY) while USB2 (J31) uses an external PHY (U23). However, there are some versions of the SABRE AI Base board that requires a rework to solve USB communication issues with Full or High Speed USB Devices (please check attachment).

Additionally, if you are using a newer Android version, they should include Device Tree, and you could verify if the node for USB_H2 is enabled.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos