cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP BIND ISSUE

akhil
Contributor III

Hi all,

We have noticed some connectivity issues with RTCS network stack.

Here we are using the API ipcfg_bind_dhcp_wait to retrieve IP address from  DHCP server. Most of the time, IP binding is successful. But sometimes, it is getting failed(error code: 0x1D04). Please note that the network does not have any issues(we have other devices in the same network).

Please share your comments on this issue.

Other Details

OS                     : MQX 4.0.2

Platform            : K60

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

aryavijayan
Contributor II

OS                     : MQX 4.0.2

Platform            : K60

We have the same issue  that the DNS server is failing to resolve the IP address. This is mostly seen when we switch the router OFF/ON. But that time we can ping the DNS IP successfully. Note that other devices are working in the same network without issues. Please provide a solution.

Another question is should we start DNS client when we retrieve IP from DHCP server? We are using the below calls to get IP from DHCP server.

ipcfg_bind_dhcp_wait(),

dnsIPAddress = ipcfg_get_dns_ip(ENET_DEVICE,0)

Should I call ipcfg_add_dns_ip(ENET_DEVICE, dnsIPAddress ) after ipcfg_get_dns_ip()??

Regards,
Arya

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Akhil,

I have used the code in the attached file since MQX3.6 and I have ported it until MQX4.2. This code intializes RTCS and sets static IP or gets dynamic IP depending on the "dhcp" parameter that the function receives.

I strongly recommend to move to MQX4.2 because RTCS have had many changes and many bugs have been fixed.

Best regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

akhil
Contributor III

Dear Carlos,

Thank you for your support.

We have noticed one more critical issue in RTCS network stack. Sometimes the DNS server failed to resolve IP address from host name. Please comment on this issue this issue. This will be helpful for us.

In the current stage of project it is difficult to upgrade OS version from 4.0.2 to 4.2. So I would like to know any patch files are available for RTCS stack to solve these network issues without updating the OS. Also, I would like to know whether any mechanism is available in the RTCS network stack to reinitialize the network activities without restarting the system.

Regards,

Akhil

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Akhil,

You can destroy "TCP/IP" task and start it again. You must be careful and verify that all the tasks that depend on TCP/IP task are destroyed to free all the resources.

Regarding DNS, it is ambiguous the way in which you describe it fails. Have you detected specific circumstances when it fails?

In the following document you can find all the changes made to MQX versions. as you can see DNS resolver was updated in MQX4.1. Only the MQX development team has knowledge about the specific details of the changes.

http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/MQXCHLGUG.pdf

I understand that migrating your application may be tedious and it represents an effort. However changes in you application wont be critical. I strongly recommend to consider this option.

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos