Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC-Lint License Integration

Jump to solution
philjoh
Contributor I

Hello,

i integrated PC-Lint v9.0 in Codewarrior IDE version 5.9.0 off the HCS12 and got this error.

Error   : Unable to use the plugin "PC-Lint Compiler". It is licensed and a valid license key was not found.

No such feature exists.

Feature:       PCLint_Plugins

License path:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CWS12v5.1\license.dat;

FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357

For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,

available at "www.macrovision.com".

I only got a description for the HC08 to include my license in the license.dat file of codewarrior.

What is the right way for this version of ide to integrate the license for PC-Lint?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phil,

PC-Lint is a Gimpel software and  must be purchased separately directly to Gimpel.

The Leader in Static Analysis for C/C++ -- PC-lint and FlexeLint

Under CodeWarrior for HC12 v5.1, the PC-Lint plug-ins is included in Professional Suite only.

I got PCLint from Gimpel and performed some tests on my side.

I've experienced a problem with XP whereas the same project worked fine under Win 7.

Or may be due to another problem.

Attached you will find a doc explaining the issue I found under XP.

Hope this will help.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Phil

Please note that this plug-in is licensed, so you need a professional license to get it working. Please see this document:

http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/fact_sheet/950-00437.pdf

Your license code in CW HC08 does not work with CW HC12.  I attached a temporary license for CW HC12 v5.1.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
philjoh
Contributor I

Okay, thanks.

The Problem with the license is done and make sense.

I got a other Problem that a little example Project not compile with PC-Lint.

Error   : Unable to call the command line tool. Check the preference panel for the correct path to PC-lint.

The Installation from PC-Lint is like the CW explanation under the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CWS12\Lint.

The compiler option: co-mwhc12.Int

Thank you for the help

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phil,

PC-Lint is a Gimpel software and  must be purchased separately directly to Gimpel.

The Leader in Static Analysis for C/C++ -- PC-lint and FlexeLint

Under CodeWarrior for HC12 v5.1, the PC-Lint plug-ins is included in Professional Suite only.

I got PCLint from Gimpel and performed some tests on my side.

I've experienced a problem with XP whereas the same project worked fine under Win 7.

Or may be due to another problem.

Attached you will find a doc explaining the issue I found under XP.

Hope this will help.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support

0 Kudos
philjoh
Contributor I

Okay, thank you for the detailed help.

This solution is the answer.

0 Kudos