Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12zvl EEPROM Erase sector time

Jump to solution
charudattaingal
Contributor IV

Dear Team,

I am using S12zvl 128 micro, It is taking 5.04ms to erase one sector (4 Bytes) on EEPROM

is there any way to reduce Erase sector time for EEPROM ?

Thanks & Regards,

Charudatta

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Charudatta,

Erase sector time for EEPROM cannot be significantly reduced. This time could be slightly influenced by NVM Operating frequency (0.8 .. 1.05MHz) and Bus frequency (1 .. 32MHz) while typical 5.04ms value is calculated for 1MHz fNVMOP and 32MHz fNVMBUS.

Additionally this time could grow during life time due to aging effect. Erase EEPROM sector time grows with number of EEPROM write cycles - that helps extend the endurance capability for the EEPROM.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Charudatta,

Erase sector time for EEPROM cannot be significantly reduced. This time could be slightly influenced by NVM Operating frequency (0.8 .. 1.05MHz) and Bus frequency (1 .. 32MHz) while typical 5.04ms value is calculated for 1MHz fNVMOP and 32MHz fNVMBUS.

Additionally this time could grow during life time due to aging effect. Erase EEPROM sector time grows with number of EEPROM write cycles - that helps extend the endurance capability for the EEPROM.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos