simple GPIO interrupt example ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple GPIO interrupt example ?

johnbeale
Contributor II

I am using a Kinetis KL16Z128 processor, developing with KDS 3.0.0 and KSDK 1.2.0 / Processor Expert.  I am looking for a simple project code example of a GPIO input pin triggering an interrupt.  Is there one I can look at?  So far I have:

Component Inspector:

gpio1:fsl_gpio    Input pin "SYNC_IN" Interrupt/DMA: Interrupt on falling edge

main.h: 

extern volatile uint32_t syncCount;

main.c:

syncCount = 0;  // count of sync line input signals (updated in interrupt routine)

INT_SYS_EnableIRQ(PORTA_IRQn);

INT_SYS_EnableIRQGlobal();

do { various stuff... } while ( 1 );  // main loop

events.c:

void PORTA_IRQHandler(void) {

PORT_HAL_ClearPortIntFlag(PORTA_BASE);

syncCount++;

}

This compiles OK, and it runs, but I never see syncCount increment from 0, even though I am generating pulses on the PTA_4 input pin ("SYNC_IN") which I can detect using a normal port read from the main.c using  GPIO_DRV_ReadPinInput(SYNC_IN).

I have read through the document Interrupt handling with KSDK and Kinetis Design Studio  and it has useful information, but not quite enough for me to get a project working.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello John,

- Could you please show your code clearly , or how do you configure the component of fsl_gpio .

-  Under the SDK1.2 , there is a GPIO interrupt demo :

Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmkl26z\driver_examples\gpio

this demo is about KL26, while the configuration is the same with KL16, you can refer to .

Hope it helps

Alice