cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP3V5050VC6U Pressure Sensor

Jump to solution
muratgüder
Contributor I

I want to use this sensor for my low power project.I have some questions.

1-This sensor works at 2v7 according to datasheet at 3v power consumption is "7 ma" and at 2v7 power consumption is " - ".from this information I understood that this sensor wont work at 2v7.is it right?

2-power consumption is too high for using low power systems.I will switch the power so the sensor wont work every second.According to datasheet the sensor stabilized time is 20 ms.is it mean I can measure this sensor after 20 ms from after power up,isnt it?

Thank you.Have a nice day.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Murat Guder,

Yes, you can use the MP3V5050VC6U pressure sensor with a voltage supply of 2.7V, just take in mind that this device is radiometric, so the output voltage of the device will be lowered by the same amount as you lower the supply voltage (Full-scale output would be at about 2.5V).

The disadvantage here is that we do not guarantee and specify (as per data sheet) the operation of these devices at 2.7V, so cannot know the power consumption at this voltage, but the part will work and it would have a power consumption very similar to the 7mA like when its used at 3.0V.

And about your question regarding the time to stabilize the signal after a power up, you are correct, you can measure this sensor after 20ms from the power-up.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Murat Guder,

Yes, you can use the MP3V5050VC6U pressure sensor with a voltage supply of 2.7V, just take in mind that this device is radiometric, so the output voltage of the device will be lowered by the same amount as you lower the supply voltage (Full-scale output would be at about 2.5V).

The disadvantage here is that we do not guarantee and specify (as per data sheet) the operation of these devices at 2.7V, so cannot know the power consumption at this voltage, but the part will work and it would have a power consumption very similar to the 7mA like when its used at 3.0V.

And about your question regarding the time to stabilize the signal after a power up, you are correct, you can measure this sensor after 20ms from the power-up.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

muratgüder
Contributor I

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos