cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6+DSP with OpenCV

berkanhoke
Contributor I

Hello all,

I would like to implement OpenCV application with a microprocessor and a DSP. But I can't decide which DSP and microprocessor I should use. I found this document on the web :http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4629.pdf  but it does not include the execution time of the process. I need an almost real-time application.

My configuration is:

2 MP camera (1600 x 1200 pixels)

Distance Measurement (Stereo Vision)

Lane Detection(Using cvHoughLines or Edge Detection)

Applying Kalman Filter for Direction

Can you help me with the selecton of the microprocessor,DSP and memory?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

On the following links you could find additional details about OpenCV on the i.MX5 and i.MX6:

Yocto and OpenCV for I.MX

Computer Vision on i.MX Processors: Building OpenCV-2.4.X for Freescale's i.MX6 BSP (Yocto)

Building OpenCV on ubuntu hardfloat rootfs for i.MX6Q

i.MX51 EVK Board OpenCV

Additionally, on the presentation of the following document you could check the multimedia capabilities of the i.MX6 family of applications processors:

i.MX Multimedia Explained: How-to Effectively Create Multimedia Application for i.MX Applications Pr...

You could also take a look at the attached file, which is a demo of OpenCV with a USB camera on an i.MX53 processor.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos