Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aptina MT9P031 driver for the i.MX6

Jump to solution
NathanJozwiak
Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is an official driver out there for the Aptina MT9P031 for the i.MX6. I have this camera I'd like to test out, but I don't see any drivers for it in the Yocto BSP.

I found the following thread where a guy was trying to get it running in Android. He found the same as me, that the MT9P031 driver is in the mainline kernel (drivers/media/i2c/mt9p031.c) and Freescale does not make use of the soc_cameras for their capture sources in drivers/media/platform/mxc/capture/.

Porting Bayer sensor to the Android

By the end of the thread it looks like he put together a driver based on the OV5642  that exists in the Freescale tree. I did download what he posted, unfortunately it doesn't compile in my 3.10.53 kernel. The thread is quite old though (2013), so I wanted to know if there was anything official released for this camera by Freescale?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nathan

official release supports only cameras used on Freescale reference boards:

Sabre SD,AI and this is described in attached release notes.

Driver is described in Linux Manual Chapter 6 Image Processing Unit (IPU) Drivers,

Chapter 20 OmniVision Camera Driver, Chapter 21 MIPI CSI2 Driver

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nathan

official release supports only cameras used on Freescale reference boards:

Sabre SD,AI and this is described in attached release notes.

Driver is described in Linux Manual Chapter 6 Image Processing Unit (IPU) Drivers,

Chapter 20 OmniVision Camera Driver, Chapter 21 MIPI CSI2 Driver

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
NathanJozwiak
Contributor III

One more question. The i.MX6 Linux RM references a, "i.MX6 Multimedia Applications Processor Reference Manual" (pg 172) that I am having trouble finding. Could you point me to a download for that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

meaning is i.MX6DQ Reference Manual (rev.3  7/2015)

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf

~igor

0 Kudos
NathanJozwiak
Contributor III

Thank you for the information, Igor.

0 Kudos