Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pmsm_demos_twr-kv58f - motor doesn't run

Jump to solution
roger_tannous
Contributor II

Hello,

I've copied pmsm_demos_twr-kv58f.bin (from the newest version of the QSP -- TWR-KV58F220M_Quick Start Package\Precompiled Examples folder) to the MBED drive, reset the board, but the motor doesn't run. (I've successfully tested other examples like blinky_KV58.bin and bubble_level_ftm.bin so this specific procedure, other than being too easy, is familiar to me).

I've also followed the instructions in the TWR-KV58F220M-QSG.pdf (Quick Start Guide), for the jumper settings (for both TWR-MC-LV3PH and TWR-KV58F220M) and the steps to follow, but still nothing happens.

When using FreeMaster, D5 is always flashing. D8 is on (what does this LED indicate ?), and D3 is green (I expect:: motor running) OR D4 is red (I expect:: motor stopped).
In FreeMaster, I've chosen --> Variable Stimulus --> stimulator_01 [Speed Required] --> Right Click --> Run! So I can see the  Speed Required value alternating between 800 and 1500, but the Speed Actual value is always 0.

I'm using the same PMSM motor that came with the TWR-MC-LV3PH board.

Is there any undocumented step that I should be doing ?

Please help,

Roger

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
roger_tannous
Contributor II

I got the motor running, J13 was not on 1-2, although 1-2 is the default for this jumper, and I've never changed any of the jumpers on this board.

Also, J11 was initially on 1-2, although the default is 2-3.

Reference: TWR-MC-LV3PH Jumper Options from file TWRLV3PHQSG.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
roger_tannous
Contributor II

Hello again,

I forgot to mention the following:

1. In FreeMaster, I can see: Application State: FAULT
2. In FreeMaster, The Communication is successfully established with the board.

3. Outside of FreeMaster, the states of D8, D3 and D4 are the same as stated, D5 flashed only while copying the .bin file to the MBED drive.

0 Kudos
roger_tannous
Contributor II

I got the motor running, J13 was not on 1-2, although 1-2 is the default for this jumper, and I've never changed any of the jumpers on this board.

Also, J11 was initially on 1-2, although the default is 2-3.

Reference: TWR-MC-LV3PH Jumper Options from file TWRLV3PHQSG.pdf

0 Kudos