how to update SDK 1.3 MQX from classic MQX 4.2?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update SDK 1.3 MQX from classic MQX 4.2?

Jump to solution
Novalis
Contributor III

Hello,

I thought that MQX from KSDK 1.3  is more recent (according to MQX Roadmap​ ) than classic MQX 4.2 and that it will contain all sources that are in 4.2.

I wanted to try RTCS/grps  example (which exists in 4.2) on FRDM-K64F (I would modify twrk60n512 example), but I cannot find it in KSDK 1.3 (also modem.h and some other files are not there).   So which sources are more recent? Or are they mixed (some are newer in 4.2 and some in KSDK 1.3)?

Is there any recommended way how to sync those two sources (and examples)?  Or is there any patch being prepared for KSDK 1.3 that will do this?

Thanks,

Martin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The kernel and RTCS generic code is the same. However, the IO drivers are different (KSDK versus MQX classic) due to different IO subsystem (NIO in KSDK).

The gprs example requires RTCS+PPP, which has not been ported to NIO, thus, the PPP/gprs example is not available in the KSDK version of MQX. For RTCS+PPP you have to use MQX classic.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The kernel and RTCS generic code is the same. However, the IO drivers are different (KSDK versus MQX classic) due to different IO subsystem (NIO in KSDK).

The gprs example requires RTCS+PPP, which has not been ported to NIO, thus, the PPP/gprs example is not available in the KSDK version of MQX. For RTCS+PPP you have to use MQX classic.

0 Kudos
Novalis
Contributor III

And Martin, do you have any idea, when PPP (and GPRS example) could be available in KSDK MQX?

0 Kudos
Novalis
Contributor III

OK,

I think it is not good idea to stay with MQX classic, so I should better wait for ppp/gprs example to be ported to KSD (i can see that modem.c is already present, but modem.h not) or try to port it myself. Anyway, I hope it will be in next release in case I won't be able to do it myself :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos