cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2020 Getting Started

patmintram
Contributor I

Hello,

I am new to developing on the P2020 and am having difficulty with getting started. I am using the STKP2020 Development Board for this.

1. I have got it successfully communicating via TeraTerm and I can happily browse through the directories etc. My problem comes when I turn the device off - I lose all my work! It doesn't seem to store anything when it is powered down.
  2. I have used the SDK supplied by Freescale to compile a 'Hello World' program, but when it comes to sending the binary file to the P2020 nothing seems to be working. I have tried using TeraTerm's File>Send File... option, but it seems to cut out half way through. I have also attempted to use SSH SCP, however the linux distribution pre-loaded onto the P2020 doesn't have many commands installed. 'sudo' 'apt-get' 'ssh' 'yum', all of them aren't recognized!

Is there an 'idiots guide' to getting started with developing? Have I missed out a step somewhere?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

mathiasparnaude
Contributor III

Hello Pat

1. I suppose you talk about Linux running on the board. You loose changes when you turn it off because you certainly use a ramdisk and not a mass storage device (SD card, NAND, ...) for your filesystem.

2. To add some missing programs in your system would require to modify it with the Yocto build configuration, if you use it. Have you looked at NFS that could be another way to transfer files other the network.

Have you tried to boot another image? (I don't know if you use the prebuilt system in NOR flash, an prebuilt image or a compiled one).

Mathias

0 Kudos