AnsweredAssumed Answered

EGL eglCreateWindowSurface issue 3.14.28

Question asked by aznjaput on Nov 10, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2015 by aznjaput

Hello,

I am using kernel 3.14.28 on an imx6q. I did bitbake fsl-image-multimedia with the fb backend. I have two almost identical boards, one with an LVDS display and one with a parallel display. On the LVDS board, the display is connected to LVDS0. When I run the OpenGL test app located in /opt/fsl-gpu-sdk/GLES2/S01_SimpleTriangle, the application runs successfully and is displayed on the LVDS display. This works as expected.

Now before I put the same fsl-image-multimedia image on the board with a parallel display, I modified just the .dtsi file to use the parallel display instead of the LVDS display. The parallel display is connected to IPU1_DISP1. When I power up this board, I get the console output on the parallel display, which is good. Then when I run the same OpenGL test app, I get the following error:

ERROR: demo setup failed with: eglCreateWindowSurface(m_hDisplay, m_hConfig, hWindow, nullptr) failed with error code 12291 at source/FslDemoHostEGL/EGLDemoHost.cpp(473)

As I debug the app, for fb backend there are calls to fbGetDisplayByIndex() and fbCreateWindow(). I can't seem to find the source code for these functions, so I can't debug these functions.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get the OpenGL test app to work on the parallel display board? I use fb0 on both boards. Any help is much appreciated.

imx6q

kernel: 3.14.28

Galcore version 5.0.11.25762

fb backend

bitbake fsl-image-multimedia

Thanks,

Outcomes