Debug Fails

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Fails

garrettfosdick
Contributor I

I recently got a TWR-K24F120M for a project that I'm working on.  Currently, I'm trying to get the Kinetis Design Studio up so that I can program the board, but I have run into several problems at this point.  The first was that it gave me an error saying that it was missing the gcc-arm-none-eabi files, and the make file.  I followed a tutorial on how to make a toolchain and it seemed to fix it enough to allow it to build, so I'll assume this worked.

The problem that is currently occurring is that when I'm attempting to start the debugger it consistently fails to work with the error message:

Error in services launch sequence

Launching command [undefined_path/JLinkGDBServerCL -if swd -device MK24FN256xxx12 -endian little -speed 1000 -port 2331 -swoport 2332 -telnetport 2333 -vd -ir -localhostonly 1 -singlerun -strict -timeout 10000] failed.

Launching command [undefined_path/JLinkGDBServerCL -if swd -device MK24FN256xxx12 -endian little -speed 1000 -port 2331 -swoport 2332 -telnetport 2333 -vd -ir -localhostonly 1 -singlerun -strict -timeout 10000] failed.

Cannot run program "undefined_path/JLinkGDBServerCL": Launching failed

The board is currently plugged into the computers USB port, and has the settings shown in the attached images.  Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

99683_99683.pngSettings1.png

99684_99684.pngSettings2.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Garrett,

I tried setting my KDS Debug Configuration to your setting and it worked.

If you have any breakpoints set, try to clear them all then retry the download.

Here is picture of my settings and what the Segger JLink Control Panel looks like:

ScreenHunter_213 Nov. 10 11.06.gif

ScreenHunter_214 Nov. 10 11.12.gif

Regards,

David

0 Kudos