rebuilding after component change

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuilding after component change

kevinhalberg
Contributor II

I am using KDS v3.0.0 and have been using PE a lot for all the peripherals on a K65 uC.  I find sometimes that when I change a setting a save it that it doesn't always rebuild.  I found changing the baud rate in my UART component especially prone to this.  Is there a way to force KDS to tell PE that something changed and have it rebuild so that the changes are reflected in the Generated_Code?

Thank you,
Kevin

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kevin,

I have not seen something like this.

if you change a setting, and you generate code, and it does not build the changed files, then this would be a bug.

Could you report other details? Have you generated code?

Note that there is a setting to disable code generation (see How to Avoid Slow Processor Expert Projects | MCU on Eclipse ) in case you want to do it manually. Maybe you have enabled that setting, and code is not generated after you have changed something?

Thanks,

Erich

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kevin,

After you change the code , if you do not want the PE change the code you write , you can select ""Don't Write Generated Component Modules"

pastedImage_0.png

thus , when rebuild the project , the code you write won't disappeared .

Hope it helps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great day,
Alice

0 Kudos