cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKW24D512 Send Problem

leeyong
Contributor I

When using MKW24D512 product development,

Usings a sniffer tools found that when the radio frequency send a packet of data is sometimes appeared on the two channels at the same time,  why?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TudorS_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lee Yong.

The Tx output power is controlled by the PA_PWR radio register in the KW24D silicon. It is recommended that this register be set to a value equal or lower than 0x1C (10 dBm) for optimal performance.

The Connectivity Test application allows for larger values (up to 0x1F) for this register, but these values may induce the problems that you are seeing. Please try with 0x1B (27) or 0x1C (29) as the power level in your setup and see if the problem goes away. In future releases we will set a limitation in the software in this regard.

Best regards,

Tudor

0 Kudos

leeyong
Contributor I

In my design, used external PA CC2590, the product required power to 10dBm, MKW24D512 register be set to a value equal 23 (0x17),

There were still problems in radio. and  If I can understand it that MKW24D512 have some radio problems in power > 10dBm.

Please give me some advise to solve it.and My product is going to mass production.

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Lee Yong,

I ran a demo (more specifically the ZigBee HA On/Off Light demo) with the MKW24D512 MCU trying to recreate your issue but it works Ok, I am not able to see packets when I configure the sniffer in other channels than the configured in the MCUs.

Could you please give more detail about your problem to recreate it by myself?

Thanks in advance,

Earl.

0 Kudos

leeyong
Contributor I

Hi Earl,

I used TWR-KW24D512 develop board and demo software ConnectivityTest_MKW2x_v1.3,  send data in channel 16, I could received data in CH14 and CH16,but reveive sensitivity CH16 better than CH14, for example CH16 is -20dBm,CH14 is -80dBm. when demo program set power to 31, The phenomenon very frequent,but set power to 23,no phenomenon.Sometimes in CH14 have error byte.@

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Lee Yong,

I reproduced the scenario that you report and indeed there is a bug. It has been reported to the development team to get to the root of the problem and fix it. I will keep you updated.

Thank you,

Earl.

0 Kudos