Why can't I set up a fsl_uart component for UART_0 on my KL24?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I set up a fsl_uart component for UART_0 on my KL24?

Jump to solution
lucianomoretti
Contributor IV

Trying to set up our serial debug port, and for the interactive shell we have I need an event callback when we get data typed on the serial port (which the fsl_debug_console doesn't seem to support despite being a fsl_uart_hal based component).

Trying to set up a raw fsl_uart for UART0 in Processor Expert UART0 isn't in the option dropdown.

If I create the previous mentioned fsl_debug_console, it creates a fsl_uart_hal for UART0, and fsl_uart only depends on the fsl_uart_hal, so I don't understand why I'm limited to creating a fsl_uart for only UART1 & UART2.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Luciano Moretti:

You have to use the fsl_lpsci component. Please check the response in the next thread:

Re: kl25z uart0 processor expert

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Luciano Moretti:

You have to use the fsl_lpsci component. Please check the response in the next thread:

Re: kl25z uart0 processor expert

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos