get error with Code Warrior 7.2 saying won't run on Windows 64 bit

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get error with Code Warrior 7.2 saying won't run on Windows 64 bit

keithrhodes
Contributor I

I just downloaded Code Warrior for Freescale V7.2 and tried running. During installation, says won't run on 64-bit OS. I am using Windows 7.

How can this be worked around? Are they telling me we have to run a mediocre CPU or in a VM?

Thanks for the help. I'm new to Freescale but have used many other ARM chipsets.

Keith Rhodes

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Keith,

We've 2 versions supporting the Coldfire V2 to V4 cores:

- CW for Coldfire V7.2 which is based on classic version and was released in 2010,

- CW for MCU V10.6.4 which is  based on Eclipse and released middle of 2015.

We recommend to use the last version CW for MCU V10.6.4.

Now if you want to us the classic version, it's possible but this product was designed for XP 32bit OS and the installer is checking the OS type.

The installer detects if 64 bit OS is used and generates an error.

To install it you need to:

- install the tool on 32 bit OS,

- copy the installation folder under your Win 7 64 bit PC,

- execute the \bin\regserver.bat file.

Some drivers installed are not compatible with 64 bit OS.

This is the case of P&E drivers.

On their web site you can download a new driver version.

Click on P&E Microcomputer Systems - USB-ML-CFE (Discontinued) - USB BDM Interface cable for the ColdFire V2/...

Select FAQs, Manuals & Downloads Tab.

you can download the last driver version 12.

You can access it via the FAQ:

P&E Microcomputer Systems

If you've problem you can refer to the http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=29

P&E Microcomputer Systems

hope this will help you.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos