AnsweredAssumed Answered

USBDM fails to issue reset or breakpoint to KL27Z256

Question asked by Uri Bendelac on Nov 6, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 by pgo

Hi pgo,

I have been working for a while with USBDM and a KL27Z256 and it worked quite well - I flash the device with the stand alone ARM programmer (image mode) disabling the bootloader, and then connect to the target from USBDM without programming first, just issuing a reset and temporary breakpoint at main. I appreciate the fact that flashing is fast and that there is a peripheral view in the debugger.

But now, I can't properly connect to the target anymore. When I try, the target will continue running from where it was, without going through a reset sequence. I can halt the target and step, but if I issue a (USBDM) restart, it will behave as if I pressed continue. The only way I have found to start from the beginning is to manually load the PC and SP and step. breakpoints also don't seem to work anymore. I haven't found a way around this yet. Any idea how I can proceed?

Thanks,

Uri

P.S.

Another minor issue is that whenever I exit KDS, I get a crash message from "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" saying "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". This is unrelated to the above, and appeared also when USBDM was still functional.

Outcomes