What is the proper method for retrieving samples from the CRTouch using the FIFO?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the proper method for retrieving samples from the CRTouch using the FIFO?

wildhorsemusic
Contributor III

Hello,

After reading the CRTouch Datasheet, I am not sure how the FIFO buffer gets read using interrupts.  I understand that the FIFO watermark can trigger an interrupt to the CPU. But, once the FIFO interrupt has occurred and you send the command to read the FIFO buffer; what is the method for reading the FIFO so that the CPU doesn't run ahead of the 100Kbs rate of the CRTouch?  I would like to use an interrupt method, but it looks like I have to use a polling method, is that correct?

The docs don't give a description of reading the FIFO.  Maybe I'm missing something basic... my apologies in advance.

Duane

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Duane Owens,

You are correct, unfortunately it is not possible to read the FIFO buffer using Interrupt method, you would need to use a polling method to read it.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos