Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K20 based MK20FN1M0VMD12 PORT flexbus control drive strength question

Jump to solution
sherry_zahid
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using a K20 based MK20FN1M0VMD12

I am using the flexbus to connect to an SRAM chip. I am using the following pins for control signals to the SRAM

Pin nameALT ModeFunction
PTD1ALT 5FB_CS0_B
PTC11ALT 5FB_RW_B
PTB19ALT 5FB_OE_B
PTC17ALT 5FB_BE31_24_B
PTC16ALT 5FB_BE23_16_B

I am using these pins in the ALT 5 mode, I need to have high drive strength on these control signals.

I found in the datasheet that bit 5 of the pin control registers need to be set to 1 for high drive strength.

PORTx_PCRy[n]
x = port letter
y = pin number
n = register bit#

My question is, although I am operating in ALT 5 mode for these pins, can I still enable high drive strength on these pins by setting the corresponding (bit 6) PCR bits? i.e.

FB_CS0_BPORTD_PCR1[6] = 1
FB_RW_BPORTC_PCR11[6] = 1
FB_OE_BPORTB_PCR19[6] = 1
FB_BE31_24_BPORTC_PCR17[6] = 1
FB_BE23_16_BPORTC_PCR16[6] = 1

Will these pins have high drive strength if I set bit 6 of these registers to high(1)? (I am using ALT5 function of these pins for flexbus SRAM control signals)

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sherry,

It's ok to set the bit 6 to 1 when pin work in the ALT5 mode.

The Driver Strength Enable (DSE) is valid in all digital pin muxing modes, definitely contains the ALT5.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sherry,

It's ok to set the bit 6 to 1 when pin work in the ALT5 mode.

The Driver Strength Enable (DSE) is valid in all digital pin muxing modes, definitely contains the ALT5.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

sherry_zahid
Contributor III

Thanks Jeremyzhou,

That answers my question perfectly.

0 Kudos