How to enable console prints in UART2 in LS2085AQDS board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable console prints in UART2 in LS2085AQDS board?

pratikbhatt
Contributor II

Hi, actually i want to use UART2 for some other purpose so i want to check  UART2 interface is working or not for that i want to see console print is coming in UART2 or not.

For enabling the UART2 port I changed the PBL file with modified UART_BASE[384-385] field with binary value '10'. I also changed in U-boot code files './include/configs/ls2085a_common.h' './include/configs/LS2085AQDS_INTPSR.h' from u-boot source. In this files one Macro is define

#define CONFIG_CONS_INDEX       1

I make this Macro value as 2  for initializing the UART2 port using as console. With this modified u-boot image console is not coming in UART1 port but it is not coming in UART2 port also.

So is there any other changes i have to made for making console enable in UART2 ? Please let me know.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is hardware problem with UART1 on LS2085ARDB, that's why UART2 is configured as the default serial console in u-boot source.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pratik Bhatt,

Your procedure sounds reasonable.

Would you please provide your RCW?

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos