color issue of video frame with IMX53 Soc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color issue of video frame with IMX53 Soc

kravik
Contributor IV

I am working on IMX53 based customized board(Kernel 2.6.35).

When I played video file, I am seeing improper color info at few places of each frame. I have highlighted the improper color places with red boxes in the attached image.

I am suspecting that it might related to color interpretation issue.

Can you please help to debug the issue.

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kravik
Contributor IV

To debug the issue. I am trying to check the video pipeline path.

From the IMX53 reference manual I understood that multimedia will include "EXTMC, GPU2D, GPU3D, VPU, IPU, MAX" modules for the video playback from external memory.

I think EXTMC module will come 1st and IPU will be at the end of video pipeline. I am not sure the order of "GPU2D, GPU3D, VPU" and MAX usage. Can you please tell the order of GPU3D, GPU2D , VPU modules and MAX usage.

I am playing MPEG-4 file using following gstreamer command.

#gst-launch filesrc location=<MPEG-4 filename> typefind=true ! aiurdemux ! queue max-size-time=0 ! mfw_vpudecoder ! mfw_v4lsink

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if you  just play video file without audio, pls try to use mxc_vpu_test.out, this is unit test for vpu, and pls use the option -t 0 to choose I420, if the video with audio, pls try to use gplay, it seems

0 Kudos

kravik
Contributor IV

Thanks for the reply. I played using mplayer with software decoder insted of VPU, even then I observed the same issue. After that I tried with different H/W and then it is working fine. So It is H/W issue.

I am using LVDS display, so I think following is the video pipeline path.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

External memory --> EXTMC ----> GPU3D/GPU2D/VPU ----> IPU ----> LVDS bridge -----> Display

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible to capture the video data to a file at IPU in the above video pipe line path while playing video ?

0 Kudos