iMX6 - GPU2D information

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 - GPU2D information

adrianthewlis
Contributor III

The iMX6DQRM has a bunch of information about what the GPU2D can do, but no register spec. or information of how.

Is there another doc. with more information, or is there any sample code available?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

You can ask your Freescale or Distributor local FAE for help on getting more information.

Another way to get started on the GPU (2D or 3D), is to look at the fsl-gpu-sdk which provides examples and some documentation about it.

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=i.MX-GPU-SDK-2-1&appType=license&location=null&fps...

There is a Yocto recipe for it:

meta-fsl-demos/recipes-graphics/fsl-gpu-sdk at master · Freescale/meta-fsl-demos · GitHub

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

adrianthewlis
Contributor III

Gary, thanks for the response.

I downloaded fsl-gpu-sdk a few days ago, but when I opened the .tgz there was a .bin file with a Linux shell script tacked on the front. My guess is its a form of self-extracting archive. Is there a non-Linux way of accessing this, or is a there a regular archive (eg. zip) of the same contents?

How would I find my FAE? I am based in the San Fran Bay Area. Alternately, the board we are working with is from Toradex, should I go through them?

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

You are right this is a self-extracting archive which requires you to agree to the EULA. This is why you won't find just a regular zip file of it. If you want to extract it on Windows, I'd look at Cygwin but you won't be able to build the examples using it.

As for the FAE, yes Toradex should be able to help you getting in touch with the right person.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos