Did you mean: 

Linker request non existing file

Jump to solution
olavbirkeland
Contributor III

Hi

I am getting the follollowing error message from the gcc linker:

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: ./Generated_Code/pin_ux.o: No such file or directory

Problem is that there are no c file called pin_ux.c* not in the ./Generated_Code folder or in any other folder.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I'am using:

Windows10

KDS 3.0.0

KSDK 1.3.0

Labels (1)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olav,

It looks you are facing the Windows 8192 character limit, as it truncates some characters (pin_mux.o ==> pin_ux.o).

See Solving the 8192 Character Command Line Limit on Windows | MCU on Eclipse for the problem description and as well for the solution.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

6 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olav,

It looks you are facing the Windows 8192 character limit, as it truncates some characters (pin_mux.o ==> pin_ux.o).

See Solving the 8192 Character Command Line Limit on Windows | MCU on Eclipse for the problem description and as well for the solution.

I hope this helps,

Erich

olavbirkeland
Contributor III

Hi Erich

Yes you were right the command line for the linker was more then 8192 characters. I have replaced the make.exe. echo.exe and rm.exe files as explained in the link you provided. However  this is the result of a clean build:

pastedImage_0.png

The compiler does nothing at all.

I switched back to the old make.exe, echo.exe and rm.exe and then the compiler and linker does their jobb, but of cauce the linker fails due to the command line limitations in Windows.

0 Kudos
olavbirkeland
Contributor III

Found the solution. Seems like the 2.6 version of the Gnu ARM  Eclipse does not work. Changed to 2.4 and problem solved.

0 Kudos
JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Olav,

Version 2.6 should work fine as well.

Did you included also the associated lib*.dll files in the KDS_3.0.0/bin folder ?

Regards,     Jacques.

0 Kudos
olavbirkeland
Contributor III

Hi Jacques

No I did not. I was not aware of that. Please explain.

Olav

0 Kudos
JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Basically I copied the full content of C:\Program Files\GNU ARM Eclipse\Build Tools\2.6-201507152002

into C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\bin

​It may be an overkill but at least makes Version 2.6 of GNU ARM Build Tools works fine

0 Kudos