Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run batch file after S08 burner in Codewarrior 10.6

Jump to solution
michelecarletti
Contributor I

Hi to all comunity,

I need to run a batch file after the .s19 file was created, but in Codewarrior 10.6 this is not possible.

If i configure the batch file in the Post build steps, the batch file was executed before burner operation, so every time this task fail since .19 file misses.

How can i solve this issues?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

did you check Erich's article already?

Executing Multiple Commands as Post-Build Steps in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

what is your batch file for?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

did you check Erich's article already?

Executing Multiple Commands as Post-Build Steps in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

what is your batch file for?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
michelecarletti
Contributor I

Dear Zhang,

thanks for your answer.

My company produce thermoregulator boards. In this board there are HCS08 microcontroller like PT60, GT60 and so on... Somentimes we need to make some bug fix, or improvements to our code, so we need to make some upgrade and distribute it to our customers. We prefer to distribute a crypted file instead a .S19 file.

Anyway my question was different. After the burner for S08 created the .s19 file, I need to run a batch to encrypt S19 file in a custom format. The problem is that if I call the batch (to encrypt) in the post build steps, the batch is called before the burner. The results is that the .S19 file is not available yet when the batch is fired. Hope this is clear.

At the moment I solve this issue in this way:

- I remove the burner from the HCS08 toolchain.

- I call a batch file, in the post build steps, that call the burner first (to generate the .s19 file) and then (the batch) call  my encrypt program that crypt the .s19 file in our format.

Hope this helps

Best regards

0 Kudos