AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with MK21FX512VLQ12 + KDS + PE multilink

Question asked by Jaroslav Cermak on Nov 2, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 by Carlos_Mendoza

Hi everyone,

I am using processors MK10DN128VLH5 64pin, MK61FN1M0VMJ15 256pin BGA a MK60DN512ZVLQ10 144pin and programmer PE MUltilink universal. Every processor is used on variety PCBs. Currently I have problem with processor MK60DN512ZVLQ10, when I run Debug it can't find device. IDE CW10.5, CW10.6 i KDS3.0 behave all same way:

Because of this issue I had in our company a visitor from Freescale 2 years ago. He could not find anything so he wanted to log process of connecting to device after Debug was turn on. So he turned on logging:

Suddenly all was OK and working properly. After he turned off logging, IDE was not able to connect to device. I have settled with always having logging turned on. Exact same behavior was on 3 different PCB (different projects). Now after 2 years I start using processor MK21FX512VLQ12 144pin. It behaves same way as MK60DN512ZVLQ10 so I have to have logging turned on. I want to start using latest version of IDE (KDS3.0)  but I cannot find that "logging option" anywhere so I am not able to connect to processor.
From my point of view there are two options:
1) FInd out why has to be turned on logging so I could turn it off (maybe it could be releated with 144 pin version of processor)
2) Show me or tell me how I will turn on logging on KDS3.0. Perhaps it will start working same way as CW10.6.

Some idea?

Outcomes