cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX6 ARM/Errata#845369

Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi team,

I would like to ask about the implementation of work-around for ARM Errata#845369 in your AndroidBSP.

I found the discussion about this errata #845369 in i.MX community.

https://community.freescale.com/thread/371109

It is said that the work-around is included in your recent Android BSP L5.0 in the discussion.

(1)

Can I understand that the patch will be included in your latest, in future, Android BSPs after the L5.0 continuously?

(2)

Could you show me whether the patch code is needed for the early version of AndroidBSP than L5.0?

I found the similar code was included in JB and KK as a work-around of ARM/Errata#742231.

I believe that the workaround of #845369 (setting bit22 of P15 register) is implemented as a workaround of #742231 in JB and KK. Then there is no need to implement the workaround of #845369 anymore for JB and KK.

Am I right?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Miyamoto

1. yes, this is right understanding

2. yes right

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

JithCR
Contributor III

Dear Igor,

Is this patch (ptach for Errata 845369) required for Android ICS(imx-android-r13.4-ga.tar.gz) and Android KitKat(android_KK4.4.3_2.0.0-ga)?

Or is this patch only for Android Lollipop?

Regards

Jith

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jith

yes it is required, if it is not included you can

add it yourself.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

JithCR
Contributor III

Dear Igor,

Thank you for your response.

1.Is there any chance of performance issue as mentioned in the mentioned link?

Cortex-A9 ARM Errata 845369

2.Whether Freescale has tested ERRATA_845369 and observed any performance issue with Android KitKat / Jelli Bean?

3.Is there any specific reason to add in this patch in Android Lollipop and not adding in Android Kitkat?

0 Kudos

JithCR
Contributor III

Dear Miyamoto,

Have you tested and observed any performance issue with this patch?

0 Kudos