cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis FRDM64KF: linker problem with Reset_Handler

emanuelebelpann
Contributor I

Dear Mr\Mrs,

I'm trying to compile my first project for MK64N but I get this error: "c:/freescale/kds_3.0.0/toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol Reset_Handler; defaulting to 00000410". Which is the mistake? (I've generated the project with the automatic generator)

Kind regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Emanuele,

What about your project ? About  PE ?  SDK ?

And please tell us how to produce the errors step by step , or send your project .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

emanuelebelpann
Contributor I

Hello Alice,

I'm using KDS version 3.0.0, KSDS 1.3.0: I've used KSDS project generator 1.0.

This is the screenshot about the generation:

2.png

I've generated and imported in the kds studio. I've imported also the project ksds_platform:lib_K64F12, as You can see in the next screenschot:

3.png

The error I get is:

4.png

If You want I can send You the project zipped...

Kind reagards

0 Kudos

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Emmanuel,

I haven't been able to replicate your issue. I cloned a project and it works properly. I attach it.

Could you share your project? Specially have a look inside yourProject/startup/startup_MK64F12.s and check if Reset_Handler is defined.

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos

emanuelebelpann
Contributor I

Hello everyone, I've downloaded the project generator in freescale site (I've got the info about new project generator some day ago) . The program project generator folde is out of the ksds folder.

Thank You for your help

Emanuele

0 Kudos

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Emanuele,

Apparently, there is some issue with the file startup_MK64F12.s in your project. I have removed it, readded it from the folder C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\platform\devices\MK64F12\startup\gcc and now your project compiles without the warning.

I'm not sure about why that happened to your project. If you create another project and it happens again, please let me know the steps you've followed to create it and I will try to replicate and understand the issue.

0 Kudos

emanuelebelpann
Contributor I

Hello Santiago, hello Alice, I've tried to create a new project with the same settings of the previous and it works fine with no error or warning. Do You have any idea about this mistake? Could be possible to set a different flag in project generator to cause this kind of problem (My doubt is I've set in wrong way the generator)?

Kind regards,

Emanuele

0 Kudos

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Emanuele,

I don't think so. There is no way to avoid the include of startup assembly code as far as I know. Is the first time I see this error, but anyway I've reported it internally so if the root cause is found, I'll let you know.

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Emanuele,

Have you test the project of Santiago , how about it ?

I also create one project on my side , it can work well , you can also see the attachment,

and i test your project on my side ,it also have the warning .

If you test my project , tell me the result , thank !

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Could you please tell me where is the "KSDK project generate -- 1,0" or where can download it ?

I only have the version of ""KSDK_Project_Generator-beta", and i test on my side ,it has no error .

pastedImage_0.png

After i fund the version of 1.0 , i can test it on my side for you  !

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Santiago,

Thank !