Possible bug in Processor Expert and KDS 3.0?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible bug in Processor Expert and KDS 3.0?

Jump to solution
dave408
Senior Contributor II

This is 100% reproducible for me under KDS 3.0.  If I delete the Generated_Code folder and then click "Generate Processor Expert Code" (for example, if I want to clean up a project because I have removed many components), Processor Expert will create the Generated_Code folder and the SDK sub folder and the operation completes, but it will not create the other source files, like Cpu.h, Cpu.cpp, etc.

Anyone else having this problem?  If I delete only the contents of the Generated_Code folder, it usually hangs when I click the generate code button.  If it hangs on the writing files step, after closing KDS, the files referenced above appear.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you delete the Generated_Code folder inside the Eclipse, or outside (other File manager, Explorer, etc)? The latter can confuse Eclipse.\

EDIT: I reproduced the issue when the folder is deleted outside of the eclipse independently on Eclipse preferences for refreshing workspace. I'll log bug report.

Workaround: delete the folder inside the eclipse project explorer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

can you share more details, what processor, what SDK version are you using and if you use stock KDS 3.0 or whether you installed any update?

Thank you,

Libor

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

This happens with the MK64FN1M0VLL12, MK22FN256VLL12, and MK22FN128VLL10, which are the processors we currently use.  I only have installed the required eclipse update for KSDK 1.2 and the MQX TAD plugin.  I am using KSDK 1.2.0.

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you delete the Generated_Code folder inside the Eclipse, or outside (other File manager, Explorer, etc)? The latter can confuse Eclipse.\

EDIT: I reproduced the issue when the folder is deleted outside of the eclipse independently on Eclipse preferences for refreshing workspace. I'll log bug report.

Workaround: delete the folder inside the eclipse project explorer.

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, Libor.  I do delete it from outside of Eclipse, but I will use your workaround in the future!

0 Kudos
MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'd recommend to set both "Refresh" check-boxes located under "Window - Preferences - General - Workspace". This improve detection of changes, that are done on the disk outside the Eclipse.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Setting that 'Refresh' option in "Window - Preferences - General - Workspace" generally is not recommended, as it slows down Eclipse.

Instead, doing an F5 (or context menu > Refresh) should help too.

Erich

0 Kudos