How to program MCF5235 external flash S29AL032D through P&E Multilink, How to program MCF5235 external flash S29AL032D through P&E Multilink

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program MCF5235 external flash S29AL032D through P&E Multilink, How to program MCF5235 external flash S29AL032D through P&E Multilink

summerye
Contributor I

hello,

We developed a board using MCF5235 with external flash Spansion S29AL032D_04 1x16x2meg. We are trying to use codewarrior 10.6 to program the flash.

For doing this, I created a new target task, but I found there is no S29AL032D in the device list. Only S29AL016D exsist, but it looks like it doesn't work if I select device 29AL016D. When I run the target task with a simple erase command, I just got something like "read flash ID failed".

I've read AN5061, and followed the steps to create a xml file for S29AL032D. But still failed. So I think the flash algorithm is different. So can you tell me how to create flash algorithm for S29AL032D. According to the AN, there shoulbe be a tool called FTK can do this. But I didn't found this tool on your website.

By the way, I remeber there is a standalone tool called CFProgrammer for programming coldfire product. But I cannot found this tool on your website now. Can you tell me where to download this tool and if I can program the flash using this tool?

Any suggestion is welcome, thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The AN5061 refers to the ARM V7.0 development tool.

The FlashToolKiit is available under the MCU v10.6.4 installation folder:

\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\ColdFire_Tools\FlashToolKit

there is a dedicated doc for MCU V10.x under this folder: AN3859.pdf

Don't remember the CFProgrammer but there are other Flash Programmer tool.

The  ColdFire Flash Programmer (Cfflasher) (REV 3.1.10)  could be a solution.

Perform a search for CFFLASHER.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos