cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW8/DemoBoard56F8357/ProcessorExpert - BootLoader Problem

howdeterminepwm
Contributor I
Hi all,
I having great problem with SCI BootLoader. I debug example BootLoader of codewarrior in 56F8357 BootLoader memory and debug my aplication 1 in ldm pROm-xRAM memory. Mine application 1blink one led, this application have ldm settings set to generate S-Record file, format DOS e length 252 (I using windows XP), in build options i set Serial Bootloader Suport - yes and time 10s. My application one is run, i reset the DSP and open the sREC program and send my application 2, to blink other led. My application 2 is send in 2703 ms, waiting any time or reset the dsp and my application two is not run, only application one is run, ever after 10 seconds. Never is application 2. I don't understading? The correct is application 2 occuper the memory location  of application one and RUN. What's problem?

Coonfiguration of application 2 is:
ldm pROM-xRAM
S-Record file, format DOS and length 252
DISABLE serial BootLoader suuport

Thank's for help-me
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

zhangpeihua
Contributor I

I'm new to this DSC. And I want to use the Serial Bootloader,but I don't know what to do.

Thank's for help-me

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Below is user manual for the SCI/CAN bootloader of 56F83xx:

http://www.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/user_guide/MC56F83XXBLUM.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=14

The SCI bootloader has been programmed into boot flash in 56F83xx at factory. When power on or reset, bootloader will run and wait for s-record file of users application. If no file input, it will jump into the program flash to run the inside application. The wait time can be set or changed by users application.

The SCI bootloader project is delivered together with CodeWarrior, user can get it by creating a new project from 'Processor Expert Examples Stationery', then select 'Bootloaders -> your target -> serial_bootloader'.

User can modify this project to meet his special requirement, or develop his new bootloader, and program the bootloader by JTAG interface. By default, we place bootloader in boot flash, and application in program flash.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi,

I can not explain why the application 1 is working and not the second.
The question is: are you sure that the application is is really downloaded via the bootloader ?
To check it I suggest you to create another application for instance the default EVM application (led blinking).
Load this application on board.
Now the bootloader is erased.
Reload the bootloader and try to load the application 1.
is it working ?
Try the same with the application 2. is it working ?

If you still have he problem, can you check if the application 2 is working in debug (via CodeWarrior debugger) ?
What is the tool version used ?

Regards
Pascal

0 Kudos