Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK 1.3.0 missing libksdk-platform.a

Jump to solution
neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I recently had my computer crash and I had to download all my programs.  I downloaded the new

KSDK 1.3.0 thinking it would be a good idea.  I am currently experiencing an issue with the following

file that seems to be either missing or placed in another location or not used in KSDK 1.3.0?

libksdk-platform.a

the full extension was the following: "${PROJECT_KSDK_PATH}/lib/ksdk_platform_lib/kds/K64F12/debug/libksdk_platform.a"

if you try to follow the same on the KSDK 1.3.0, you will get as far as /K64F12/, inside you will not find a debug folder, instead

their is a .c and .h files.

Can someone tell me where can I find the missing file?

thanks....

Neil

Labels (1)
1 Solution
yorknh
Contributor IV

Hi Neil,

You shouldn't need to install KSDK 1.2.0; I think you are just missing a step somewhere. It probably doesn't matter which environment you are using, but it might be helpful for others to help you if you tell us if you are using KDS, IAR, etc. Also, Appendix B of which document? In your workspace, do you have a ksdk_platform_lib project? If you don't, then that's the problem. If you do, then you need to make sure that project is being built. In KDS, in the Project Explorer window you can left click on the project and then select "Clean Project", and when that's done left click and select "Build Project". Make sure that that builds successfully. When it does, again in the Project Explorer window, you should be able to navigate to the "Debug" directory under the project and see a .a file. You should also see an "Archives" section under the project that should list the same .a file.

I've never used any of the other build environments, but I believe they are very similar. I hope this helps.

Larry

View solution in original post

5 Replies
anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil,

You can follow the video here (from the FRDM-K64F Getting Started page) which walks through how to compile the platform library with KDS. It's describing how to do it with KSDK 1.2, but the steps are the same for KSDK 1.3 http://brightcove04.brightcove.com/34/4089003392001/201506/3186/4089003392001_4308158142001_43080462...

This process is also described in Section 5.3 of the Getting Started with Kinetis SDK 1.3 Guide.

-Anthony

0 Kudos
neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Thank you Larry.

I followed the following: Appendix B – Build the KSDK platform library

but I didn't see it being created.  It did create a few more files that were not there before (after I installed

KSDK 1.3.0).  Unfortunately, it didn't have the file in question....

Now it contains: .settings and platform.

I am wondering if I need to install the KSDK 1.2.0 again?  I don't know what would happen thought since I already installed

KSDK 1.3.0, it the KDS IDE will have an issue having both installed or how my software will behave?

0 Kudos
yorknh
Contributor IV

Hi Neil,

You shouldn't need to install KSDK 1.2.0; I think you are just missing a step somewhere. It probably doesn't matter which environment you are using, but it might be helpful for others to help you if you tell us if you are using KDS, IAR, etc. Also, Appendix B of which document? In your workspace, do you have a ksdk_platform_lib project? If you don't, then that's the problem. If you do, then you need to make sure that project is being built. In KDS, in the Project Explorer window you can left click on the project and then select "Clean Project", and when that's done left click and select "Build Project". Make sure that that builds successfully. When it does, again in the Project Explorer window, you should be able to navigate to the "Debug" directory under the project and see a .a file. You should also see an "Archives" section under the project that should list the same .a file.

I've never used any of the other build environments, but I believe they are very similar. I hope this helps.

Larry

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Larry,

Thank you for the detail information.  You are absolutely correct, ksdk_platform_lib was in my workspace.  By the way, I was using KDS.  I first Clean Project, then Build Project and then everything worked and the .a file and Debug directory appeared.

Thank you so much.

Neil P.

0 Kudos
yorknh
Contributor IV

I don't have have 1.2.0 installed any longer, but I don't think those libraries are prebuilt. I think the reason you don't have the .a file is because you haven't compiled that library yet. With your 1.2.0 install you probably built that library at some point and so it was there. It was probably something you built early on and then didn't ever need to recompile, and since forgot about. Now that you are starting from scratch, it needs to be compiled.

0 Kudos