AnsweredAssumed Answered

Yocto add DTB to machine

Question asked by LPs on Oct 28, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 by Daiane Angolini

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a new dtb to my Yocto machine, adding

KERNEL_DEVICETREE = "imx6sx-sdb.dtb imx6sx-sdb-emmc.dtb imx6sx-sdb-m4.dtb imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb"

The new dtb is imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb

I added my dts file to linux kernel and it compiles well. .dtb is created.

When I try to bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs recipe the do_install step fails with the following error:

NOTE: make -j 4 imx6sx-sdb.dtb

| make[1]: 'arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sx-sdb.dtb' is up to date.

| NOTE: make -j 4 imx6sx-sdb-emmc.dtb

| make[1]: 'arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sx-sdb-emmc.dtb' is up to date.

| NOTE: make -j 4 imx6sx-sdb-m4.dtb

| make[1]: 'arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sx-sdb-m4.dtb' is up to date.

| NOTE: make -j 4 imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb

| make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb'.  Stop.

| /home/luca/progetti/claypaky/workspace_Yocto/NPE_Yocto_BSP/workbuild_NPE_Minimal/tmp/work/imx6sxclaypakynpe-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/git/arch/arm/Makefile:312: recipe for target 'imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb' failed

| make: *** [imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb] Error 2

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_install (log file is located at /home/luca/progetti/claypaky/workspace_Yocto/NPE_Yocto_BSP/workbuild_NPE_Minimal/tmp/work/imx6sxclaypakynpe-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/temp/log.do_install.3106)

ERROR: Task 71 (/home/luca/progetti/claypaky/workspace_Yocto/NPE_Yocto_BSP/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_3.14.28.bb, do_install) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1325 tasks of which 1314 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

What I'm doing wrong?

Outcomes